Best Waterproof Dog Beds for Big Dogs
Waterproof dog beds will make the occasional
accident less stressful whether you’re housebreaking a new puppy or caring for an older or incontinent dog.
You will also need a waterproof bed for outdoor living spaces, screened porches, or even for family road trips or camping adventures. Since you have a large dog, you still need a bed that will hold up to the wear and tear that comes from a heavier dog over time.
Favorite Waterproof Dog Beds:
To help you identify the best waterproof dog bed for your home, we want to introduce you to five of our favorites:
- Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – This is one of the most affordable memory foam dog beds on the market, and it comes with an anti-microbial, waterproof cover that is machine washable. The cover also features a non-slip surface along the bottom to help keep the bed in place. The foam is four inches thick, and the bed is an open rectangle without bolsters or raised arms. It’s perfect for older dogs that need orthopedic support, puppies not yet big enough to jump into a tall bed, and dogs of all ages that enjoy stretching out on their bed.
- Majestic Pet Bagel Bed – Bagel beds are perfect for dogs that want to nestle into their beds. It’s stuffed with high-quality fill that keeps the sleeping surface soft, and it’s covered with waterproof fabric. Cleaning up a mess is as simple as tossing the bed in the washing machine.
- Brentwood Gel Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed – This dog bed is made with two inches of support foam and two inches of gel-infused memory foam. This type of memory foam tends to stay cooler than other foams, and the bed is designed for orthopedic relief of the aches and pains that come with arthritis or simply old age. The foam is protected by a waterproof liner, and you can remove the microfiber cover and toss it in the washing machine as needed. The bed features an open design that is easy for all dogs to get in and out of, and it sells at an affordable price compared to many other large dog beds.
- Petsbao Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed & Lounge – This x-large dog bed looks like a pet sofa with raised cushions on three sides. It features four inches of solid, high-quality memory foam that is covered with a waterproof liner. The cover is quite soft and is resistant to tears and stains. This is a good option for any dog in need of superior body support.
- Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – This is a quality memory foam dog bed made from high-density foam that will stand up to the weight of a larger dog. The design is an open pad, so your dog can stretch out and will have no obstacles when climbing on and off the bed. The foam is protected by a waterproof zip liner, so the occasional accident won’t ruin your investment.
All of these waterproof dog beds come in large or x-large sizes and feature quality materials that will stand up to the weight of your big dog. They’re also made with waterproof fabrics and/or waterproof liners. They do have some added features that differentiate them from one another, so select the one that best fits the needs of your canine friend.