Hypoallergenic Dog Beds for Your Large Dog
Hypoallergenic dog beds are made from materials that
aren’t likely to cause allergic reactions even if your dog is sensitive to
allergens found in the natural environment.
Most of these beds are made from high-density memory foam and are topped by hypoallergenic fabrics. While many dog owners buy these beds for pets with skin conditions or diagnosed allergy problems, you may want to go hypoallergenic just to protect your dog. You never know when an allergic reaction is going to occur, and it turns out that most of the best large dog beds are resistant to allergens.
Hypoallergenic Dog Beds That Your Dog Will Love:
To help you select the best hypoallergenic dog beds for your big dog, we picked out five that we would highly recommend.
- Pet Support Systems Washable Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed – Give your dog superior joint and muscle support with 4-pound, high-density memory foam that happens to also be hypoallergenic. The foam is also certified non-toxic and supported with a waterproof liner, making it one of the best large dog beds for pets with arthritis and other medical needs. This is also a good option if you’re potty training a fast-growing puppy and want to clean up quickly after accidents.
- KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Memory Foam Sofa Lounge – This is a large dog lounger made from a thick piece of solid memory foam. The cover is easy to remove and zip back into place and is made from waterproof fabric. The foam is designed to offer orthopedic support for older dogs or those with arthritis, and it’s also hypoallergenic. This is a good option if you want a dog bed that looks more like a couch or that has raised edges for your dog’s comfort.
- KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed with 3'' Pillow – This is similar to the KOPEKS sofa lounge, but it offers a raised pillow head rather than three raised sides. This is a design that many large dogs prefer because they have a raised surface to support their heads, but the design is still open so that they can stretch out. This bed features seven inches of high-density memory foam, so you still get orthopedic support from a bed that is hypoallergenic.
- K9 Ballistics Orthopedic Memory Foam Bolstered Dog Bed – This brand makes some of the most durable dog beds on the market, and you can select from x-large and xx-large sizes. The bed is composed of a layer of support foam covered by 1.5 inches of memory foam. It’s hypoallergenic like most memory foam beds and is guaranteed not to flatten for at least 10 years.
- Crown Supreme Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed – Not only is this memory foam dog bed hypoallergenic, but it’s also covered with chew-resistant fabric. This is a bed that will look and smell clean even after months or years of use. Each bed is crafted by hand within the United States and is guaranteed not to flatten within 10 years of purchase.
No dog bed can guarantee that a sensitive, elderly, or sick dog won’t experience an allergic reaction. Hypoallergenic materials can still significantly reduce the chances, making them the safest option if you feel that your dog is at risk. Plus, hypoallergenic dog beds are simply the healthiest option even if your dog is young, healthy, and at no risk of allergic reactions.