Dog Sofa Bed Options for Large Dogs That We Highly Recommend
Why not get a dog sofa bed because you aren’t the only one who wants to relax on the sofa at the end of a long day?
If you don’t want your big dog on your lap at all times, there are some super cozy dog sofa beds that may help your four-legged friend feel like part of the family while in their own space. You may also want to try a sofa as your dog’s primary bed because the three raised sides offer neck support as well as a bolster perfect for cuddling and nesting.
Top Dog Sofa Beds for Big Dogs:
To help you find the best dog sofa bed for your large dog, we rounded up five of our favorites:
- KOPEKS Deluxe Orthopedic Memory Foam Sofa Lounge – This is a durable sofa made from seven inches of solid memory foam. It’s covered with a soft suede cover that is resistant to water. This is the perfect sofa bed for older dogs or those with arthritis and other medical conditions that demand an orthopedic dog bed.
- PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge - This dog bed is perfect for pet owners who are tired of cheap materials and want a high-quality bed that will not only be durable enough for their big dog, but also look great in their home.
- PetBed4Less Deluxe Dog Bed Sofa & Lounge – This is one of your most affordable options if you want a thick memory foam dog sofa made from high-quality materials. It’s covered with a waterproof liner and durable fabric that is resistant to chewing, rips, and tears. This is a great option if you want to place your dog sofa on a screened porch or outdoors.
- FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Sofa Bed – If you want more color options than most dog beds offer, this sofa bed may do the trick. It has a foam base, but it isn’t the thick, solid layer of foam that you get with some other large dog sofa bed options. It will provide some support, and it comes with a super soft cover that will wrap your fur baby in a bit of luxury.
- Hidden Valley Orthopedic Foam Sofa Couch – If you’re looking for a sofa bed with tall arms that reflect a larger couch, this one may hit your sweet spot. The raised sides are thick and plush, giving your dog a cozy place to rest his head or lean against when in sitting position. The bed is composed of a reasonably thick layer of memory foam and a cozy fleece top. You can remove the cover and throw it in the wash as needed.
- Caddis Beasley's Couch Dog Bed – This is another large dog sofa that comes with thick, plush arms and a high back suitable for sitting and head resting. The main difference from the others listed here is that it contains fiber filling rather than memory foam. That means it isn’t as supportive of the joints and bones, but it’s still a high-quality dog couch that would suit a puppy or younger dog. It may also be softer for a dog who loves to sink into the bed.
You can use these large dog sofas as furniture in your living or sitting room. Or place one in your bedroom so that your dog has an alternative to cuddling up with you. You’ll give your dog the gift of a cozy place to relax or take a nap, even if they aren’t ready to go to bed for the night.