Best Chew-Proof Dog Beds for Large-Breed Dogs
Some dogs chew everything and make chew-proof dog beds the only option for your home.
Does your dog love to chew? If so, you’re probably tired of coming home to stuffing littering your home. While you may supply chew toys or donate items that you don’t mind your dog destroying, there comes a time when you need to guard your home against this destruction. Even mild chewing is enough to warrant the investment in a high-quality chew-proof dog bed.
Chew-Proof Dog Beds from K9 Ballistics
Some of the best chew-proof dog beds are made by K9 Ballistics. They come with a 90-day chew-proof guarantee and are also resistant to scratching, dirt, mildew, mold and hair accumulation. You can buy them in a variety of colors, and they come in XXL sizes to accommodate large dogs that may struggle to fit comfortably on many other dog beds. The most popular design options include the following:
- TUFF Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed: This is your standard rectangular dog bed, but it comes with a waterproof liner and orthopedic memory foam to provide adequate support for larger dogs. It’s designed to withstand light to moderate chewing and comes with the 90-day chew-proof guarantee. You can select from a variety of colors, including a camo print.
- Bolstered TUFF Nesting Dog Bed:
This is a tough, chew-proof dog bed with raised sides. It’s plush and
cozy, creating the perfect surface for dogs that enjoy digging in and
nesting for warmth. You can select from solid colors as well as colorful
- Round TUFF Dog Bed:
You get the large, flat surface that allows your dog to comfortably
stretch out, but it’s a circle shape that may look nicer in your home.
It’s difficult to find in the XXL size, but the XL is still suitable for
many large-breed dogs.
- Durable Chew-Resistant Raised Dog Bed:
Do you have a heavy chewer in the house? This is your best option
because it doesn’t have as much fabric for your dog to work on over
time. You can place it inside a crate or use it on the floor like any
other dog bed, and it’s great for traveling and camping.
ToughChew Dog Beds from Orvis
Orvis is another leading brand name when it comes to chew-proof dog beds. They offer a large size, but they aren’t as spacious as the XL and XXL K9 Ballistics dog beds. The large beds will accommodate dogs up to 120 pounds, and that does cover many large-breed dogs. These beds are filled with polyester fill or memory foam, and there are two design options:
- Deep Dish Toughchew Dog Bed: This is a plush dog bed with raised arms and back, creating the perfect spot for nesting and snuggling in for a cozy nap. The outside material is soft microfiber, but the 1,000-denier ripstop nylon and the 840-denier nylon inner layer are what make it resistant to chewing. This bed is made with the polyester filling.
- Toughchew Dog Bed With Memory Foam: The memory foam beds from Orvis ToughChew are large rectangles that look similar to many dog beds sold in pet stores. They’re much thicker than many cheap dog beds and are made from ripstop nylon with soft covers. You can find them in neutral colors that will blend easily into most homes.
Chew-proof dog beds aren’t always the cheapest dog beds on the market, but they are the most durable. Those cheap beds become rather expensive when you have to replace them over and over. Even if your bed comes with a cover that you can replace, it’s a waste of money to continue buying replacements when you can invest in one chew-proof mattress from the start. This is one investment that forces you to think long term, but it also delivers the peace of mind that your dog cannot destroy his or her bed while you’re at work or cooking dinner.